Friday, February 26, 2010

[Meme]: Untitled

Right my brother has thrust the responsibility of continuing a meme on me (play on words? and did you know myself in French is moi meme??) Of course, he also says that I know the words I know (To be clear: I know the meanings). He does not know that I have mastered the difficult art of saying of course and smiling knowingly whenever something you have no idea of comes up. But I am enamoured by words and this may have led to my knowing a lot of word origins and therefore their meaning. In fact I am thinking about starting A word a day post. But knowing me it would probably be A word a month... Anyway back to the meme, (by the way I dint know the meaning of meme before I saw this)  The meme is Abstract Poetry. Now we all know what a great poet I am, if you have doubts they will be quenched here, here and here.

Now I know you are tired of link jumping, but here's one more. This one is a collection of poems by children and it is truly abstract as the theme is "abstract nouns."

Anyway here goes nothing,

Here goes nothing,
I was born in a still night,
The darkness loomed over me,
But of course I couldn't guess then,
That the darkness was only on me.

Here goes nothing,
I married out of grief,
Yes out of grief and into happiness,
For love was the theme,
In a marriage made in heaven,
But mine was in earth and Love not its only one.

Here goes nothing,
Writing is a pleasure,
For it transmits emotion and they lose ownership,
In a manner a writer is an ascetic and a communist too,
You may ask why, To those who do, I quote,
"To those who understand you don't have to explain, and to those who don't it is no use explaining"

Here goes nothing,
I have a son whom I can call son,
Only I don't for fear,
He won't call me father or maybe,
Just maybe because he will,
Now he is 6 and twenty but he was born on a still night too,
But the darkness was there, on me not on him,
So when they named him, I refused to name him after me.....

Here goes nothing,
As I lie upon my deathbed,
I feel the darkness lift atlast,
For now I know that the purpose,
Was to live and then die, And then,
to live again, So as I travel in my party,
The party for the dead, The drums beat loud,
And I cant hear the people say,
HERE GOES NOTHING...

Well I hope you enjoyed that one. Just to clarify, I have merged together the usual themes of any poem, Life, Death, Love, Hope, Fear and Relationships. Of course I left out nature, because my brother has that one covered. This poem is inspired by the movie of the year Tamizh Padam. I am also adding the link which was part of the meme's beginning, Agila's So far away.

Well since a meme is meant to be propogated, I am tagging my enormously talented junior, Uttara and my senior's brother who is an incredible writer, Sharanyan.

P.S: Abstract poem means this.  Very interesting person who has contemporary mentions in metal.

P.P.S: The quote is from "aaru lernthu aruvathu varai (From 6 to 60)" An awesome movie. It has Rajini Kanth in a god awesome role. One particular song possesses great lyrics. I won't say which one though..

4 comments:

  1. "What will happen will happen and what won't happen won't"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Amshuman!
    Just for uniformity's sake though - Would you change your blog title to [Meme]: Untitled ? :D Apparently, keeping the title the same is a rule of this meme.. :D

    Cheers!
    P.S. You haven't tagged anybody?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In a manner a writer is an ascetic and a communist too"

    Nice! And poems are propoganda, a propoganda of ideas, a meme in the truest sense of the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh brilliant!
    //themes of any poem, Life, Death, Love, Hope, Fear and Relationships//--It is not just an interesting motley, but an amazing concept as well! Cheers! :-)

    ReplyDelete